Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!
 
HomeHome  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
 
Like

Share | 
 

 Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pokémon Trainer Shane



Male Number of posts : 163
Age : 26
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   6th January 2008, 4:06 pm

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

Call 1-800-255-3700! It's Nintendo's toll-free customer service line. Tell the reps you DO NOT want Sarah Natochenny to play the Pokémon Trainer, tell them you'd prefer Veronica Taylor or the Japanese voice instead!

I did this with Save Sonic (ironically trying to get rid of his 4Kids voice in favour of his old Sega voice), and it worked! Post YouTube videos with the number and some comparisons! We were able to get 2000+ phonecalls for Save Sonic, and we succeeded! Well...almost. Nintendo had a meeting with Sega over Sonic's voice, and we're not sure about the results yet. We'll find out when the game is released. But if Nintendo listened to us before, they're bound to listen now!

I'm sure the Pokémon Trainer is calling out the names of the attacks and everything!

This is BAD...was Pokémon Trainer playable in the English demos back in October?

And is that Riku I hear?

They better not use Sarah. Sarah Natochenny and Jason Griffith in the same game is like...a nightmare. They better have a Japanese voice option if we don't succeed!

Can someone send an message to Sarah, asking her if she recorded anything for Smash Bros.?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maddiejoan

avatar

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   6th January 2008, 4:22 pm

Pokémon Trainer Shane wrote:
IMPORTANT UPDATE!

Call 1-800-255-3700! It's Nintendo's toll-free customer service line. Tell the reps you DO NOT want Sarah Natochenny to play the Pokémon Trainer, tell them you'd prefer Veronica Taylor or the Japanese voice instead!

I did this with Save Sonic (ironically trying to get rid of his 4Kids voice in favour of his old Sega voice), and it worked! Post YouTube videos with the number and some comparisons! We were able to get 2000+ phonecalls for Save Sonic, and we succeeded! Well...almost. Nintendo had a meeting with Sega over Sonic's voice, and we're not sure about the results yet. We'll find out when the game is released. But if Nintendo listened to us before, they're bound to listen now!

I'm sure the Pokémon Trainer is calling out the names of the attacks and everything!

This is BAD...was Pokémon Trainer playable in the English demos back in October?

And is that Riku I hear?

They better not use Sarah. Sarah Natochenny and Jason Griffith in the same game is like...a nightmare. They better have a Japanese voice option if we don't succeed!

Can someone send an message to Sarah, asking her if she recorded anything for Smash Bros.?

While you're at it --tell them that the only Meowth you want in Smash Brother is Maddie's Meowth.

yes --I know I'm being self-serving here.

The Girl can't help it. :::smile::::
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pokémon Trainer Shane



Male Number of posts : 163
Age : 26
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   6th January 2008, 4:24 pm

I was thinking about Meowth, too, but I'm assuming Meowth is just going to make cat sounds, from the Japanese version, as it's just a regular Meowth and not the Meowth from the TV series.

Meh, tell them about Maddie too!!! XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   6th January 2008, 5:01 pm

Aww, hehe Maddie.

Anyways yes, I messaged Sarah on myspace last night and have yet to get a response.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   6th January 2008, 8:37 pm

Smash Bros + Sarah + Jimmy Zoppi.. I mean Billy Beach + Jason Griffith=Worst video game ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   6th January 2008, 11:33 pm

You can say that again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rocket Grunt



Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   7th January 2008, 2:51 am

I'm just not buying Smash Bros. It would be so sweet to have the proper voices in that game, but this isn't helping our cause, which is to save the dub. It seems like a big distraction to me, we need to put this energy into PUSA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   7th January 2008, 11:00 am

Well right now, with just a month till the release, sadly we have no hope to change the voices now. People were saying it was even too late back in October when we were campaigning for Ryan Drummond to voice Sonic (which we have yet to hear how that went).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   7th January 2008, 3:37 pm

Okay, Sarah has read my letter but didn't respond, so don't get your hopes up D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   16th January 2008, 5:08 pm

Brawl's been delayed until March 9th. There's now more time to request the original cast! Well, I just called Nintendo to request the original cast for Brawl (if you didn't see in the TAJ thread) and it was kind of like what happens most of the time to Save Sonic. He said, "Thank you. That's all you have to do," and hung up. Weird
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   16th January 2008, 7:37 pm

If you really want to stand a chance in getting the old cast back for this, then you better call this number instead:
1-425-882-2040

Ask for Nate Bhildorf (Bill-Dorf) and you will be transported to his answering machine to leave a message. He is the one in charge of all the localization of Brawl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   16th January 2008, 7:53 pm

I'll try that. I called that 800-255-3700 number. I'll do it in about 5 minutes (Sprint unlimited nights start at 7 PM).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter


Male Number of posts : 190
Age : 26
User Title : Trainer Kazuya
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   16th January 2008, 9:00 pm

Rocket Grunt wrote:
I'm just not buying Smash Bros. It would be so sweet to have the proper voices in that game, but this isn't helping our cause, which is to save the dub. It seems like a big distraction to me, we need to put this energy into PUSA

well if we succeed in persuading Nintendo to use the original VA's voices in Brawl, then dont you think that would bring them attention, and greatly improve the original VAs' chances of being in the dubbing business again? Im sure the new dubbing company would look into that if the VA's were on Nintendo's staff.

anyways, ill try both numbers, the second one is free too right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   16th January 2008, 9:02 pm

impactkhtennis_thewind wrote:
Rocket Grunt wrote:
I'm just not buying Smash Bros. It would be so sweet to have the proper voices in that game, but this isn't helping our cause, which is to save the dub. It seems like a big distraction to me, we need to put this energy into PUSA

well if we succeed in persuading Nintendo to use the original VA's voices in Brawl, then dont you think that would bring them attention, and greatly improve the original VAs' chances of being in the dubbing business again? Im sure the new dubbing company would look into that if the VA's were on Nintendo's staff.

anyways, ill try both numbers, the second one is free too right?

If you don't live in Washington, it's not. Hopefully you have unlimited nights and weekends on your cell phone or unlimited long distance!

And no one picked up the 425 number, I couldn't even get Nate's voicemail. I'll try tomorrow afternoon because I just forgot I have unlimited long distance 24/7.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   17th January 2008, 12:09 am

impactkhtennis_thewind wrote:
Rocket Grunt wrote:
I'm just not buying Smash Bros. It would be so sweet to have the proper voices in that game, but this isn't helping our cause, which is to save the dub. It seems like a big distraction to me, we need to put this energy into PUSA

well if we succeed in persuading Nintendo to use the original VA's voices in Brawl, then dont you think that would bring them attention, and greatly improve the original VAs' chances of being in the dubbing business again? Im sure the new dubbing company would look into that if the VA's were on Nintendo's staff.

anyways, ill try both numbers, the second one is free too right?

Exactly.

But no, the second number isn't free, actually.

And yeah, I think Nintendo's front desk (where that one phone number leads to) closes at 5 pm PST, so try to get your call in early.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rocket Grunt



Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   17th January 2008, 1:05 am

impactkhtennis_thewind wrote:
Rocket Grunt wrote:
I'm just not buying Smash Bros. It would be so sweet to have the proper voices in that game, but this isn't helping our cause, which is to save the dub. It seems like a big distraction to me, we need to put this energy into PUSA

well if we succeed in persuading Nintendo to use the original VA's voices in Brawl, then dont you think that would bring them attention, and greatly improve the original VAs' chances of being in the dubbing business again? Im sure the new dubbing company would look into that if the VA's were on Nintendo's staff.

anyways, ill try both numbers, the second one is free too right?

it wouldn't work that way. remember, Nintendo and PUSA are separate companies. Getting the original VAs in the game means absolutley nothing for the dub. and every call we spend on that game is one less call to convince PUSA. Our noode project is already suffering. and I don't see any new reports of calls or letters to PUSA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   17th January 2008, 1:17 am

If people are able to convince a company like NINTENDO, who is MUCH bigger than PUSA, to use the original cast for the voices in Brawl, then trust me, PUSA will definitely see that and take notice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   17th January 2008, 8:01 am

Trainer Rachel wrote:
impactkhtennis_thewind wrote:
Rocket Grunt wrote:
I'm just not buying Smash Bros. It would be so sweet to have the proper voices in that game, but this isn't helping our cause, which is to save the dub. It seems like a big distraction to me, we need to put this energy into PUSA

well if we succeed in persuading Nintendo to use the original VA's voices in Brawl, then dont you think that would bring them attention, and greatly improve the original VAs' chances of being in the dubbing business again? Im sure the new dubbing company would look into that if the VA's were on Nintendo's staff.

anyways, ill try both numbers, the second one is free too right?

Exactly.

But no, the second number isn't free, actually.

And yeah, I think Nintendo's front desk (where that one phone number leads to) closes at 5 pm PST, so try to get your call in early.

8 PM would be the closing time here in the NY area. Perfect. Sprint unlimited nights start at 7, so I have an hour to call them.

Trainer Rachel wrote:
If people are able to convince a company like NINTENDO, who is MUCH bigger than PUSA, to use the original cast for the voices in Brawl, then trust me, PUSA will definitely see that and take notice.

I agree! If PUSA sees that we can get through to a major corporation like Nintendo, they'll take notice of that and hopefully we'll get the original cast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter


Male Number of posts : 190
Age : 26
User Title : Trainer Kazuya
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   17th January 2008, 1:49 pm

Rocket Grunt wrote:
impactkhtennis_thewind wrote:
Rocket Grunt wrote:
I'm just not buying Smash Bros. It would be so sweet to have the proper voices in that game, but this isn't helping our cause, which is to save the dub. It seems like a big distraction to me, we need to put this energy into PUSA

well if we succeed in persuading Nintendo to use the original VA's voices in Brawl, then dont you think that would bring them attention, and greatly improve the original VAs' chances of being in the dubbing business again? Im sure the new dubbing company would look into that if the VA's were on Nintendo's staff.

anyways, ill try both numbers, the second one is free too right?

it wouldn't work that way. remember, Nintendo and PUSA are separate companies. Getting the original VAs in the game means absolutley nothing for the dub. and every call we spend on that game is one less call to convince PUSA. Our noode project is already suffering. and I don't see any new reports of calls or letters to PUSA.

oh...well it was just a thought....im pretty sure it will play little importance in PUSA's decision, but it would still be something that woould get there attention nonetheless....
overall, i somewhat agree with you though that we shouldnt make Super Smash Brawl our new and main objective, but the more ideas the better.....and whether SOVA related or not, its still something worth putting the effort into...at least for the original VAs' sake. and, i dont know about you, but ive written 5 letters and sent them to like 6 different addresses (im so confused on which one is the right one now, so i just send them to all of them =P) the past week
Back to top Go down
View user profile
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter


Male Number of posts : 190
Age : 26
User Title : Trainer Kazuya
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   17th January 2008, 1:58 pm

Lapras87 wrote:
Trainer Rachel wrote:
impactkhtennis_thewind wrote:
Rocket Grunt wrote:
I'm just not buying Smash Bros. It would be so sweet to have the proper voices in that game, but this isn't helping our cause, which is to save the dub. It seems like a big distraction to me, we need to put this energy into PUSA

well if we succeed in persuading Nintendo to use the original VA's voices in Brawl, then dont you think that would bring them attention, and greatly improve the original VAs' chances of being in the dubbing business again? Im sure the new dubbing company would look into that if the VA's were on Nintendo's staff.

anyways, ill try both numbers, the second one is free too right?

Exactly.

But no, the second number isn't free, actually.

And yeah, I think Nintendo's front desk (where that one phone number leads to) closes at 5 pm PST, so try to get your call in early.

8 PM would be the closing time here in the NY area. Perfect. Sprint unlimited nights start at 7, so I have an hour to call them.

Trainer Rachel wrote:
If people are able to convince a company like NINTENDO, who is MUCH bigger than PUSA, to use the original cast for the voices in Brawl, then trust me, PUSA will definitely see that and take notice.

I agree! If PUSA sees that we can get through to a major corporation like Nintendo, they'll take notice of that and hopefully we'll get the original cast.

dang it, that would be 7 in Texas, and Tmobile unlimited doesnt start til 9.....

anyways, just one question though about this whole Pokemon Trainer character thing.....

the guy has brown hair and red outfit and stuff, so he doesnt look anything like any of the anime characters. So what do you think Nintendo would do with the original VAs if we succeeded. I mean it would make perfect sense using the VAs if the Pokemon Trainer was Ash, Misty, or Brock etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rocket Grunt



Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   18th January 2008, 2:13 am

exactly. that trainer isn't even ash in the first place. so why does it matter who voices him, while the real ash is still being voiced by the wrong person?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   18th January 2008, 8:25 am

Rocket Grunt wrote:
exactly. that trainer isn't even ash in the first place. so why does it matter who voices him, while the real ash is still being voiced by the wrong person?

Never really thought of that.

Anyway, I was thinking about changing our main target to Nintendo. If Nintendo listens to us, they could get through to PUSA. Since PUSA is owned by Nintendo, PUSA would have to listen and get the original cast. As I've seen with Save Sonic's phone calls, Nintendo is WAY more professional than PUSA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   18th January 2008, 2:59 pm

Yes, they are very professional. Trust me, they listen to their fans requests and WANT to fulfill them.

And now, things are looking good for Save Sonic. It seems that we have won. Not confirmed yet, but I am very sure Ryan Drummond is now voicing Sonic in Brawl - so woohoo!!

No, the Pokemon Trainer isn't Ash. But it is obviously meant to be the game counterpart of him. This is evident in the fact that in the Japanese version he is voiced by the Japanese VA, Rica.

If PUSA sees that we want Veronica Taylor back to voice a character who isn't even exactly Ash, then they'll know how much we want her back to voice Ash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   18th January 2008, 5:00 pm

Trainer Rachel wrote:
Yes, they are very professional. Trust me, they listen to their fans requests and WANT to fulfill them.

And now, things are looking good for Save Sonic. It seems that we have won. Not confirmed yet, but I am very sure Ryan Drummond is now voicing Sonic in Brawl - so woohoo!!

No, the Pokemon Trainer isn't Ash. But it is obviously meant to be the game counterpart of him. This is evident in the fact that in the Japanese version he is voiced by the Japanese VA, Rica.

If PUSA sees that we want Veronica Taylor back to voice a character who isn't even exactly Ash, then they'll know how much we want her back to voice Ash.

Once again, agreed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pokémon Trainer Shane



Male Number of posts : 163
Age : 26
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   18th January 2008, 10:40 pm

I actually would prefer if we had a completely new style of voice for the trainer, I really don't think the raspy voices we've heard Ash use will work, I'd prefer something more like a combination of Tai and Takato off of Digimon, (and I'm not just saying that because my voice sounds really similar to that), but if Veronica Taylor voices Pokémon Trainer, this can be a gateway to her being in the anime again.

Also, what's up with Rocket Grunt? His posts seem...different. What's with the non-use of capitals now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   

Back to top Go down
 
Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» ST-70 or ST-120 for A7 Voice of the Theaters?
» Are you American or Japanese? [Girls ONLY]
» Voice recognition elevator
» Chinese/Japanese teapot 5in tall, genuine or fake ?
» Donna Summer RIP (1948 - 2012) at age 63 ...A great voice ...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Save Our Voice Actors :: News, Updates, etc. :: News and Announcements-
Jump to: