Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 161
User Title : Ash Freak!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   7th January 2008, 4:08 pm

Larry just responded to my email. This is what he said.
Larry Juris wrote:
Unfortunately this is true. We all loved doing the show. I suggest you contact Pokemon directly for all answers to your questions. We are no longer in the loop
Thanks
TAJ Productions
He seems to send everyone just about the same email.
Rocket Grunt wrote:
Trainer Rachel wrote:
Maddie, I knew you would give a similar answer to the "contact PUSA" thing, but really, what have you got to lose? To inquire about the switch and make known that you care about the show, I think will impress them. well, it depends more on who you talk to. But if you get someone sensible, they should smile at your dedication and desire to return still. I honestly think they all think the old VAs have moved on and DONT care anymore. You need to remind them that you do.

I agree. At this point we've tried everything. And if the actors let PUSA know that they are still interested in the roles, combined with our many letter that could really help us out.
I agree completely.

Maddie, just call them to tell them that you still want to play Meowth. You don't have to beg. Just give them that message. It couldn't hurt, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pokeyug.co.nr/
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   7th January 2008, 5:11 pm

DuArt still hasn't replied to me. I think we should email PUSA and ask them what the new studio is. Then we google it, get their number, and call. We've had trouble with PUSA in the past, so contacting the new studio might help. Either that, or call DuArt rather than emailing them.

EDIT: DuArt has a MySpace, if anyone wants to contact them from there: Nevermind they shut it down. Wow... could they be watching us? Their profile is down after only a few hours.

Last edited by on 7th January 2008, 6:47 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pokémon Trainer Shane

Male Number of posts : 163
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   7th January 2008, 6:33 pm

Larry told me that his contract forbids him from giving out info about the new dub...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ker-plop
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 190
User Title : Alienated Fan
D/P Friend Code : 0344 6242 9554
BR Friend Code : None

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   7th January 2008, 9:36 pm

At the very least, the old VAs can prove that they're still willing to work. That can only be good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~kerplop
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   7th January 2008, 9:42 pm

Everyone, write letters to DuArt:
DuArt, 245 W 55th St # 1, New York, NY
or call 212-757-4580.

EDIT: Why won't this Tim W. guy talk to us? Did PUSA warn him about SOVA? Or, is DuArt not the new studio. The only dubbing companies I know in NY are TAJ, 4Kids, and DuArt. Has anyone emailed PUSA yet to confirm the new studio? I'm going to email them right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

User Title : Trainer Kazuya
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   8th January 2008, 9:49 pm

so im guessing, basically, the company thats dubbing is still an uncertainty
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   9th January 2008, 1:03 am

This is very strange....

Why wouldn't DuArt reply to our emails?

Anyway, perhaps Pokemon USA is going with some other studio in New York.

Though, the only *other* studio I know of, is 4Kids. Do you think it's possible they went BACK to 4Kids? Would 4Kids want to have Pokemon again? O.O

However, if they went back to 4Kids, then there would be no reason for them to keep the new VAs. But for some reason, I doubt they'd go back to 4Kids.

No, I'm guessing Pokemon USA either went with DuArt or some other dubbing studio which no one's ever heard of....

SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   9th January 2008, 1:37 am

They could be keeping quiet in hopes that we go away. That seems to be the trend of most of the companies involved in this mess.
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   9th January 2008, 1:45 am

Guys... we have no proof that this DuArt place actually will be doing season 11. For all we know they could not be the ones. We need to focus on PUSA who we know for sure is in control.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   9th January 2008, 2:35 pm

I agree with Rocket Grunt on this one!

SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 161
User Title : Ash Freak!

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   9th January 2008, 6:02 pm

I'm posting on my DS browser now! XD

Rocket Grunt wrote:
Guys... we have no proof that this DuArt place actually will be doing season 11. For all we know they could not be the ones. We need to focus on PUSA who we know for sure is in control.
I agree completely! We NEED to call up PUSA to find out who the new dubbers are!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pokeyug.co.nr/
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   9th January 2008, 6:08 pm

How long does it take for PUSA to respond to an email? They won't respond to me. But, how will we find out who the new studio is? Are they trying to not tell us until it's too late? If PUSA and DuArt won't answer us, and Larry's contract won't let him tell us anything, who is there to contact? Someone should call them rather than emailing them, and it should help. Call (646) 497-0400 or (212) 278-3015. Hurry, things could be in place any minute now.

EDIT: I called PUSA and how rude they were. I asked what the new studio is and they hung up. It could've just been my line (I have cablevision for phone). Someone else here should try calling PUSA. Maybe they'll be nicer to someone else.

EDIT 2: I called them back, and when I asked for the new studio, I heard faintly in the background, "It's that S-O-V-A company again." They hung up without saying a word but "Hello, Pokemon USA." WE ARE NOT A COMPANY! This is Larry all over again. Someone should call them and not even say you're from SOVA (unlike me, sorry) and maybe they'll tell us who the new studio is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin

Female Number of posts : 319
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   11th January 2008, 2:56 pm

Central Park Media's not too out of the ballpark as far as possibilities go. They're having some rough times, financially, so something like Pokemon may be what they need to get back in the black.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
Pokémon Trainer Shane

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   11th January 2008, 4:33 pm

Are they actually good at this sort of thing?

I know Media Blasters is also in New York, and they usually do the shows uncut.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   11th January 2008, 6:29 pm

It's not about cut or uncut DVDs (they wouldn't do that for Pokemon no matter what anyway), it's about Veronica Taylor and the rest if the original cast coming back. That's what this whole organization is about. Just keep calling PUSA everyone. One thing not to do in a phone call to PUSA: Don't mention you're from SOVA. Do that, and they'll hang up. Just simply ask for the name of the new studio, and you're done.

EDIT: I just got off the phone with PUSA again. This time I called from my grandma's phone (I'm here due to a family emergency). They were going to give me the name of the new company. All I heard was (faintly due to Time Warner cable VoIP), "If you need it the new dubbing company i... *static then clicking noise*." I figured it was Time Warner's VoIP because I've been having trouble with the internet and TV here, and the static before the click. It could've been the guy just blowing into the phone, but I didn't even mention SOVA, and I used a different fake name (Mike Michaels, if anyone was wondering). VoIP always lets me down, but for some reason, only when I call PUSA. Someone who hasn't called before or can switch voices should try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ker-plop
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   12th January 2008, 1:17 am

I figure I'd better say this, since it may come into play sooner or later.

At this point, I think the original VAs should not feel entitled to their roles any more... That is, they should be prepared to demonstrate that they're the best actors for the job. They shouldn't expect the roles to be dropped back in their laps without proving their vocal value.

I'm not saying they aren't worthy-- far from it-- but considering how they were relieved of the jobs, they might have to remind the bosses of their talent.
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   12th January 2008, 2:45 am

Very good point ker-plop. I agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   12th January 2008, 10:14 am

Veronica, Eric, Rachael, and the rest of them reminding PUSA of their talent is a great idea! The only thing is, I think in one of the phone calls to TAJ, Larry said "Sarah is better than Veronica" or something like that. Well, like the noodle project, anything's worth a try! I agree to this, too (for now).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   12th January 2008, 2:58 pm

I agree!

That's a wonderful idea! ^^

Though, how the original VAs could possibly go about showing their talent to Pokemon USA is beyond me.

Lapras87 wrote:
EDIT 2: I called them back, and when I asked for the new studio, I heard faintly in the background, "It's that S-O-V-A company again." They hung up without saying a word but "Hello, Pokemon USA." WE ARE NOT A COMPANY! This is Larry all over again. Someone should call them and not even say you're from SOVA (unlike me, sorry) and maybe they'll tell us who the new studio is.
Okay, now that's just weird.... Shocked

Why the heck does Pokemon USA think SOVA is a company!? Maybe they've spoken to Larry and heard "rumors" about us or something (Larry did make that same claim, afterall - however, both Puff and xdeadpan corrected him when he called us a company). O.O

Then again, with a name like SOVA (which now that I think about it, does sound like it could be a trademark name for a company), I guess it does make sense for people to assume this.

There is just one thing I don't understand about all of this. Doesn't Pokemon USA have reps that frequently search the internet for things relating to Pokemon (I don't know, market researchers or something)? I mean, you would think that eventually someone there would find out the truth about SOVA, and not be fooled into thinking that we're a company. Now that's just ridiculous.

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   12th January 2008, 3:59 pm

"Dinosaur King is your destiny, yeah!"

Sorry, I still can't get that song outta my head. *hinthinthint*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   12th January 2008, 4:31 pm

Yeah, but what are the chances that anyone who works for Pokemon USA would be watching Dinosaur King?

Unless they have kids who watch it or something....

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   12th January 2008, 5:02 pm

We need to send them clips and stuff of the actors, using similar voices to before. That's be Ash, Misty, and Jessie, I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   12th January 2008, 5:19 pm

Oh, I see....

Yeah, that makes sense.

SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   12th January 2008, 8:20 pm

What I meant was that they should send resumes, apply like another job.
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   12th January 2008, 9:18 pm

Again, agreed with ker-plop.

Face it, if the VAs really want their jobs back, they're gonna have to fight for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   

Back to top Go down

TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next