Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!
 
HomeHome  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
 
Like

Share | 
 

 TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   18th January 2008, 8:29 am

Rocket Grunt wrote:
what you guys are failing to get is that Nintendo can't make PUSA do anything, even if we win with the game. They are seperate companies for that reason, Nintendo handles games only, they don't tell PUSA how to run the show and if the made it into the game, it still wouldn't make any impact on PUSA's decisions about the show.

PUSA was getting out letters when we sent them, that is how they knew we existed, even though they keep calling us a company. I'm just afraid that everyone is getting distracted with this game and focusing less and less on the show which is our goal. distraction has always been our second biggest enemy.

has anyone even asked the vas if they would go to PUSA and show interest in getting the roles?

Actually, Nintendo owns PUSA. Like I said in the Brawl thread, our new target should be Nintendo. If we call Nintendo, they could get through to PUSA. Since Nintendo owns PUSA, PUSA would have to listen to Nintendo. After listening to the Save Sonic phone calls, I realized Nintendo is WAY more professional than PUSA and they might listen to us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   18th January 2008, 3:02 pm

All I am saying is that. People have been sending letters to PUSA for the past 2 years. What good has that done?

Personally, I feel it is time we focus on a company that wants to please its fans. But I am not in charge, so I am not forcing this. Just my opinion.

It doesn't matter whether Nintendo owns PUSA or not. PUSA will see that tons of people called Nintendo to request Veronica. They will know that people want Veronica. They will recognize that fact. If they don't, then there is no way they will recognize the other things we have tried.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   18th January 2008, 4:58 pm

Trainer Rachel wrote:
All I am saying is that. People have been sending letters to PUSA for the past 2 years. What good has that done?

Personally, I feel it is time we focus on a company that wants to please its fans. But I am not in charge, so I am not forcing this. Just my opinion.

It doesn't matter whether Nintendo owns PUSA or not. PUSA will see that tons of people called Nintendo to request Veronica. They will know that people want Veronica. They will recognize that fact. If they don't, then there is no way they will recognize the other things we have tried.

Agreed. PUSA will realize that if we contact Nintendo, we really, really want the Veronica and the old cast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rocket Grunt



Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   19th January 2008, 2:04 am

Trainer Rachel wrote:
All I am saying is that. People have been sending letters to PUSA for the past 2 years. What good has that done?

Personally, I feel it is time we focus on a company that wants to please its fans. But I am not in charge, so I am not forcing this. Just my opinion.

It doesn't matter whether Nintendo owns PUSA or not. PUSA will see that tons of people called Nintendo to request Veronica. They will know that people want Veronica. They will recognize that fact. If they don't, then there is no way they will recognize the other things we have tried.

If you are calling 2 years of letter writing a failure, then why would PUSA even care if they saw Veronica in Brawl? They are the type to ignore that just as they ignored the letters. I just think that taking the pressure off of PUSA is gonna hurt us in the end because they will not take us seriously. Look at what the Jericho people did, they never took their focus off of CBS it was a constant non-stop push.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   19th January 2008, 11:07 am

Once again, Nintendo owns PUSA. If Veronica is used for Brawl, Nintendo might get PUSA to get her back for the anime, too. Nintendo is a great target because: 1. They own PUSA. 2. They are professional and actually care what the fans have to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
avatar

Female Number of posts : 319
Age : 28
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   19th January 2008, 4:35 pm

Maybe we should go after BOTH. But more importantly, we need more supporters in our cause. Lisa keeps reminding me that there's a large SOVA contingency over on YouTube. As I've suggested to her countless times before, we need to recruit them. Click their account links, find their email, and get them involved somehow. We need people. People make things happen. Right now, PokeUsa just thinks we're a weird splinter group of disgruntled fans. That will continue until we can prove otherwise. It might not be easy, but we can do it.

Lapras87 wrote:
I thought FUNimation did it with TAJ.
Funi is the company currently releasing the new DVD boxsets. Technically, Software Sculptors, which is OWNED by CPM (or something, since they're credited with the original Slayers Next DVDs in my Slayers Premium manga) dubbed it. (ADV did the movies.) I'm gonna go start a Slayers thread on Bulbagarden now where we can have ON-TOPIC discussions about this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slayers#Media
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   19th January 2008, 5:59 pm

Nekusagi wrote:
Maybe we should go after BOTH. But more importantly, we need more supporters in our cause. Lisa keeps reminding me that there's a large SOVA contingency over on YouTube. As I've suggested to her countless times before, we need to recruit them. Click their account links, find their email, and get them involved somehow. We need people. People make things happen. Right now, PokeUsa just thinks we're a weird splinter group of disgruntled fans. That will continue until we can prove otherwise. It might not be easy, but we can do it.

Going after both companies is a super great idea. And we sure do need lots of members. We have about 20, and we need a lot more. Contacting non-supporters via YouTube is also a good idea.

EDIT: Is it just me, or am I seeing commercials on CN for an... HOUR LONG D/P SPECIAL ON FEB. 1ST? This could be the season finale. Not only that, but it could be the first episode dubbed by the new studio. Call PUSA, Nintendo, DuArt or whoever. Ask for a redub of it. Yes, there were voices in the commercials and it was none other then the new cast (it seemed to have been dubbed already).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hidden Mew
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   21st January 2008, 9:17 pm

Nekusagi wrote:
Maybe we should go after BOTH. But more importantly, we need more supporters in our cause. Lisa keeps reminding me that there's a large SOVA contingency over on YouTube. As I've suggested to her countless times before, we need to recruit them. Click their account links, find their email, and get them involved somehow. We need people. People make things happen. Right now, PokeUsa just thinks we're a weird splinter group of disgruntled fans. That will continue until we can prove otherwise. It might not be easy, but we can do it.

I like that idea. It would be better if we could contact both Nintendo and PUSA. I heavily agree that we need more supporters. I was looking around a couple of SOVA videos on YouTube the other day and I saw quite a few SOVA supporters on the comments. I'll see if I can look more into that later.

Lapras87 wrote:
EDIT: Is it just me, or am I seeing commercials on CN for an... HOUR LONG D/P SPECIAL ON FEB. 1ST? This could be the season finale. Not only that, but it could be the first episode dubbed by the new studio. Call PUSA, Nintendo, DuArt or whoever. Ask for a redub of it. Yes, there were voices in the commercials and it was none other then the new cast (it seemed to have been dubbed already).

I already knew about that. I didn't see the commercials, but I heard about it on ToonZone. The special is actually combined of this Tag Touranment arc that I heard about, but I haven't seen the Japanese version so I don't know all of the details. It most likely is a season finale since the Saturday afterwords is repeats and they are airing three episodes in one night. I kind of doubt that these could be the first episodes dubbed by the new studio. All of the episode credits since the announcment have listed TAJ studio. I don't think that we'll see the studio change take into affect until next season. And we still don't knoww if PUSA plans to use another studio, like DuArt, or if they have an in-house studio now. I seriously doubt that we'll get a redub of it and I would just be satified with getting the original voice actors back. Of course the D/P special has been dubbed already. It would have to be if all of the episode titles for all three episodes were announced already.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   21st January 2008, 10:01 pm

Sarah said PUSA would be using a new studio, not going in-house.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hidden Mew
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   22nd January 2008, 12:54 am

Lapras87 wrote:
Sarah said PUSA would be using a new studio, not going in-house.

True, but, not to be mean to her, she doesn't know everything that goes around PUSA. Most companies don't really inform all of their empolyees in situations like this. She also didn't mention the name of the studio so it really is all up in the air. I still doubt that we'll know what it is until next season. But who knows really.

I also want to comment on something else. People before were saying how the original VAs should tell PUSA that they still want their roles back, or at least something along that line. While I understand both sides of that option, the other being Maddie and how she knows that it wouldn't do her any good, I agree with Maddie. PUSA obviously know that she, and most likely the other cast members, would love to return to their roles. The only thing is that they are happy with the new voice actors and the only way for the original voice actors to come back is through the fans, not through the original voice actors themselves. Just wanted to point that out since everyone else seemed so set on having the original cast members let PUSA know how they felt, even though they probably know all of that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rocket Grunt



Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   22nd January 2008, 2:23 am

We are not talking about the original cast members letting PUSA know how they feel, we are talking about them letting PUSA know that they are still interested in the roles. PUSA knows what we want, but they can always claim that they have no idea if the original cast is interested until they are actually contacted by them.

This plan doesn't matter anyway because we are doing the Nintendo thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
avatar

Female Number of posts : 319
Age : 28
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   22nd January 2008, 4:27 pm

Speaking of things Sarah says...

It's worth pointing out Veronica thought she'd be keeping her job back when the first switch was happening. Not to be schadenfreude-ish here, but I have to wonder how much Sarah REALLY knows about what's going on. PUSA didn't let the original cast in the loop originally, so who's to say they're going to care now?


I'm not holding ALL of Pokemon USA responsible, but I dislike how they handle the anime. Everything else has IMPROVED once they brought it in-house. The card game, the merchandise (actually, Jakks Pacific's handling that, but the quality of the new stuff tells me PUSA clearly has a bit more of a hand in it now), and the TFG are all great (can you imagine them letting WizKids try and sell the TFG?), but the anime somehow suffered. That's what gets me. To me, the only logical step is for them to RESTORE the anime to its former greatness. Then they'll be pretty close to perfection. That's why I'm still a supporter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   22nd January 2008, 6:52 pm

I agree PUSA doesn't know how to handle the anime. 3 reasons why:
1. The new cast stinks. I hate Sarah just as much as I hate Jason Griffith.
2. Rap openings are used. Their cheap, 30-second-long raps remind me of One Piece done by 4Kids.
3. Those "giant sandwiches" haven't left. PUSA still paint edits, I think.

Sarah also said she couldn't name the studio for "privacy reasons". Maybe she just doesn't want us to find out.

I also think this could be exactly what happened with MoMP. Sarah might think she is coninuing with the new studio, but maybe they hired someone else, hopefully Veronica.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter


Male Number of posts : 190
Age : 26
User Title : Trainer Kazuya
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   22nd January 2008, 7:03 pm

Lapras87 wrote:
I agree PUSA doesn't know how to handle the anime. 3 reasons why:
1. The new cast stinks. I hate Sarah just as much as I hate Jason Griffith.
2. Rap openings are used. Their cheap, 30-second-long raps remind me of One Piece done by 4Kids.
3. Those "giant sandwiches" haven't left. PUSA still paint edits, I think.

Sarah also said she couldn't name the studio for "privacy reasons". Maybe she just doesn't want us to find out.

I also think this could be exactly what happened with MoMP. Sarah might think she is coninuing with the new studio, but maybe they hired someone else, hopefully Veronica.

yea i agree with 1, strongly agree with 2.....3???

but yea, seriously, ash, brock, TR seriously does not work with their new voices.
and as for 2....personally i dont like rap that much, but still, if you listen to all the other intros, they make so much sense and they sound great. Too bad the actual eps werent overall that great compared to other seasons, I still think the Johto intros were the best by far.

4. The graphics may be better, but i disagree with them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hidden Mew
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   22nd January 2008, 8:36 pm

Rocket Grunt wrote:
We are not talking about the original cast members letting PUSA know how they feel, we are talking about them letting PUSA know that they are still interested in the roles. PUSA knows what we want, but they can always claim that they have no idea if the original cast is interested until they are actually contacted by them.

This plan doesn't matter anyway because we are doing the Nintendo thing.

Isn't that practically the same thing? Letting them know how they feel about their roles is the same thing as letting them know that they are still interested in them. I can't speak for all of the voice actors, but based on what Maddie said on how she would accept her role as Mewoth back if it was given to her, I would imagine that the original cast members feel the same way. I have not heard an excuse from PUSA before saying that they don't know if the original cast is still interested in their roles. Most of their reasons for keeping the new voice actors are like because of the contracts or because of the idea of characters growing up, which still sounds lame to me. The only way that they'll give the original voice actors their roles back is through the fans, not through the original voice actors.

Nekusagi wrote:
Speaking of things Sarah says...

It's worth pointing out Veronica thought she'd be keeping her job back when the first switch was happening. Not to be schadenfreude-ish here, but I have to wonder how much Sarah REALLY knows about what's going on. PUSA didn't let the original cast in the loop originally, so who's to say they're going to care now?


I'm not holding ALL of Pokemon USA responsible, but I dislike how they handle the anime. Everything else has IMPROVED once they brought it in-house. The card game, the merchandise (actually, Jakks Pacific's handling that, but the quality of the new stuff tells me PUSA clearly has a bit more of a hand in it now), and the TFG are all great (can you imagine them letting WizKids try and sell the TFG?), but the anime somehow suffered. That's what gets me. To me, the only logical step is for them to RESTORE the anime to its former greatness. Then they'll be pretty close to perfection. That's why I'm still a supporter.

That's quite true. I was thinking about that when I read her statement again. Since the original cast members weren't told everything by PUSA two years ago, I don't see why they would do so with the new cast members. I also agree with you on how PUSA has handled the anime. All of their other products improved under them, especially the card game. I remember reading that people said that they really helped to bring the TCG back to a improved popularity or something like that. The anime has suffered because of the new voice actors and occassionally the script, where an out-of-character line would come across. If we could get the original voice actors back, then that would be as close to perfection as we could get.

Lapras87 wrote:
I agree PUSA doesn't know how to handle the anime. 3 reasons why:
1. The new cast stinks. I hate Sarah just as much as I hate Jason Griffith.
2. Rap openings are used. Their cheap, 30-second-long raps remind me of One Piece done by 4Kids.
3. Those "giant sandwiches" haven't left. PUSA still paint edits, I think.

Sarah also said she couldn't name the studio for "privacy reasons". Maybe she just doesn't want us to find out.

I also think this could be exactly what happened with MoMP. Sarah might think she is coninuing with the new studio, but maybe they hired someone else, hopefully Veronica.

We didn't say that PUSA doesn't know how to handle the anime. We just said that it has suffered from them. I would think that there's a difference since if they didn't know how to handle it, the anime probably wouldn't be doing too well on CN.

As for your reasons, I know that this is a SOVA members/supporters board, but it wouldn't hurt to actually give reasons for why you seriously dislike Sarah and why you think that the new cast stinks. Personally, I think that all of the new voice actors have talent, even Sarah. I just think that their talents do not match with their characters, especially after their characters were defined for eight years by the original voice actors. Most of the new cast members have been improving since Battle Frontier. Sarah also has had a couple of episodes in D/P where she sounded much better than usual, but then she goes back to normal in the next episode. I blame that more on her inexperience in the field of voice acting. I also think that it is unhealthy to hate someone, especially when you don't even know the person and you're judging them based on their performances. As for Jason Griffith, the same applies here for the hating being unhealthy thing. Besides that, I wouldn't blame him for the Sonic situation. I thought he was just being hired to do it, but I don't know all of the details.

The new opening isn't rap. I don't know why people think that since there aren't any rhytms being used throughout the whole song. Songs like the Poke Rap and the intro for Mastermind were obviously raps. The intro for D/P is more rock than rap. We've always had 30-second long intros anyway. The One Piece opening by 4Kids is nothing like the one for D/P. Most people actually enjoyed that opening for being so catchy. The opening for D/P just feels effortless and it just doesn't fit in with the other openings that always had a good sense of energy behind them.

What are these "giant sandwiches" of which you speak of? If those are the rice balls being painted over to make them look like American sandwiches, then I don't think PUSA has done that. I know that they still do paint edits, but 4Kids did the same thing so I wouldn't really count that either way.

Sarah could have not to name the studio because she actually doesn't know the name or she was told to do so when posting that information on her MySpace. Not to be a downer or anything like that, but this isn't what exactly happened with Mastermind. Veronica said that they thought that they were going to start working on Mastermind at 4Kids before they learned that they were replaced. In this case, all that Sarah knows is that PUSA told her that there would be a different studio handling Pokemon from now on. Whether that's another outside studio or PUSA has an in-house studio, we don't know and it is quite possible that the new cast members don't know either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   22nd January 2008, 9:39 pm

Well, I agree Sarah has talent, but not for Ash. If Sarah would be the voice of a college boy, that would be perfect. For a 10 year old like Ash, Sarah doesn't fit the character. Also I agree that I watch an episode of D/P and think, "Wow. Sarah's better than the last episode." Then I watch the next episode and think, "This is MoMP all over again." But she never, ever, beats Veronica.

I think Jimmy Zoppi or Billy Beach gives Meowth a little too much of a Brooklyn accent. And he makes James sound deeper, juyst a bit more deeper than Ted Lewis. Bill Rogers makes Brock sound, well I don't know how to put it. Just very weird. May sounds like an adult (as does Ash) and Max sounds a little older than he really is.

The worst one of all is Sarah. Like I said before, her voice is great... for a college boy. My cousins don't know a thing about the situation and they keep saying, "Wow. Ash must be 21 now. He sounds different in D/P than he did in the old episodes." I try explaining, but they're 7 years old and don't understand what a voice actor is. Sarah confuses lots of people, and that's the main reason why I don't like her Ash voice. Mastermind confused my cousins because they watched Advanced Battle the previous weekend, watched Mastermind, and watched Advanced Battle the weekend after. I remember them saying something like, "Did Ash just turn from 10 to 21 and back to 10 again?" Back then, I really knew nothing about the PUSA and 4Kids thing and just thought he went through a time machine. Next reason I don't like her Ash voice is because she mispronounces Pokemon. She keeps calling it Pokey-man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rocket Grunt



Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   23rd January 2008, 2:30 am

Hidden Mew wrote:

Isn't that practically the same thing? Letting them know how they feel about their roles is the same thing as letting them know that they are still interested in them. I can't speak for all of the voice actors, but based on what Maddie said on how she would accept her role as Mewoth back if it was given to her, I would imagine that the original cast members feel the same way. I have not heard an excuse from PUSA before saying that they don't know if the original cast is still interested in their roles. Most of their reasons for keeping the new voice actors are like because of the contracts or because of the idea of characters growing up, which still sounds lame to me. The only way that they'll give the original voice actors their roles back is through the fans, not through the original voice actors.

It's not the same thing, not to a business like PUSA. PUSA has heard everything fans have to say. If we truly believed we were making progress through PUSA we wouldn't be going after Nintendo right now. We would keep the pressure on PUSA.

Fans have done a lot towards getting the original voices back, but everyone feels we need a change of action. Having the actors call PUSA is one of the few things we haven't tried. I think it would be good because it will do 2 things. It will show PUSA that no matter what they say the actors are all still interested in the roles. and it will force PUSA into a corner cause they will hear from the actors themselves that there is nothing keeping them from working on the show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   23rd January 2008, 1:21 pm

Rocket Grunt wrote:
I think it would be good because it will do 2 things. It will show PUSA that no matter what they say the actors are all still interested in the roles. and it will force PUSA into a corner cause they will hear from the actors themselves that there is nothing keeping them from working on the show.
EXACTLY. That's why I feel that's our best bet with PUSA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   23rd January 2008, 5:07 pm

Trainer Rachel wrote:
Rocket Grunt wrote:
I think it would be good because it will do 2 things. It will show PUSA that no matter what they say the actors are all still interested in the roles. and it will force PUSA into a corner cause they will hear from the actors themselves that there is nothing keeping them from working on the show.
EXACTLY. That's why I feel that's our best bet with PUSA.

100% agreed. This is the reason why I suggested us going for Nintendo instead. PUSA won't listen to us, so maybe they'll listen to the old cast. If the old cast contacts PUSA themselves, PUSA'll realize that the old cast is still interested, and hire them. As for us, we should stick to Nintendo for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
avatar

Female Number of posts : 319
Age : 28
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   23rd January 2008, 5:22 pm

If something big was happening, you can also bet your bottom dollar Sarah wouldn't post it on her MySpace. I'm pretty sure the new studio would be considered classified information.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   23rd January 2008, 8:04 pm

Well then, let's see the Feb. 1st season finale. Hopefully it was dubbed by TAJ and there's still time to contact the new studio. I have a feeling someone who knows is willing to tell us. But who?

Anyway, I'm going to hit the internet now. Maybe it'll get us some info...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hidden Mew
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   23rd January 2008, 9:08 pm

Lapras87 wrote:
Well, I agree Sarah has talent, but not for Ash. If Sarah would be the voice of a college boy, that would be perfect. For a 10 year old like Ash, Sarah doesn't fit the character. Also I agree that I watch an episode of D/P and think, "Wow. Sarah's better than the last episode." Then I watch the next episode and think, "This is MoMP all over again." But she never, ever, beats Veronica.

I think Jimmy Zoppi or Billy Beach gives Meowth a little too much of a Brooklyn accent. And he makes James sound deeper, juyst a bit more deeper than Ted Lewis. Bill Rogers makes Brock sound, well I don't know how to put it. Just very weird. May sounds like an adult (as does Ash) and Max sounds a little older than he really is.

The worst one of all is Sarah. Like I said before, her voice is great... for a college boy. My cousins don't know a thing about the situation and they keep saying, "Wow. Ash must be 21 now. He sounds different in D/P than he did in the old episodes." I try explaining, but they're 7 years old and don't understand what a voice actor is. Sarah confuses lots of people, and that's the main reason why I don't like her Ash voice. Mastermind confused my cousins because they watched Advanced Battle the previous weekend, watched Mastermind, and watched Advanced Battle the weekend after. I remember them saying something like, "Did Ash just turn from 10 to 21 and back to 10 again?" Back then, I really knew nothing about the PUSA and 4Kids thing and just thought he went through a time machine. Next reason I don't like her Ash voice is because she mispronounces Pokemon. She keeps calling it Pokey-man.

Those are much clearer reason for why you don't like Sarah instead of just saying that you hate her. I know that I said that the new voice actors' have talent, but it does not match up with the characters, who were developed in the course of eight years with the original cast members. Still, I do agree with you on Sarah's voice for Ash. I'm not sure if Ash actually sounds like a 21 year old, but he does sound older than when Veroncia voiced him. I don't know if we should still mention May and Max since they left after Battle Frontier and I don't see them coming back anytime soon. Besides, I thought that May's voice got much better over the course of BF, even though it still paled in comparsion with that of Veronica Taylor's voice for her.

Rocket Grunt wrote:
It's not the same thing, not to a business like PUSA. PUSA has heard everything fans have to say. If we truly believed we were making progress through PUSA we wouldn't be going after Nintendo right now. We would keep the pressure on PUSA.

Fans have done a lot towards getting the original voices back, but everyone feels we need a change of action. Having the actors call PUSA is one of the few things we haven't tried. I think it would be good because it will do 2 things. It will show PUSA that no matter what they say the actors are all still interested in the roles. and it will force PUSA into a corner cause they will hear from the actors themselves that there is nothing keeping them from working on the show.

One reason why I still think that it is the same thing is because I'm sure that the original cast members have already talked to these people and they know that they would like to do these roles again. I know that Maddie already commented on doing so, or at least something similar to that, so I wouldn't doubt that the other original cast members have done the same thing. I don't mind the idea of us connacting with Nintendo, if that really would help us to get the original voice actors back. And I definitely agree that we need a change of action.

I still have a problem with having all of the actors to call PUSA. For one, PUSA probably knows that, if given the chance, they would love to return to their roles, so having the voice actors tell them what they already know. And second of all, they also know that nothing is holding the original voice actors from continuing their work, but they apparently wanted to replace them and based on Veroncia's statement in deadxpan's livejournal, they were probably planing to do this for awhile. Just saying that they're still interested in their roles isn't going to guarentee their jobs back, especially with PUSA being pretty comfortable with the new cast.

Lapras87 wrote:
100% agreed. This is the reason why I suggested us going for Nintendo instead. PUSA won't listen to us, so maybe they'll listen to the old cast. If the old cast contacts PUSA themselves, PUSA'll realize that the old cast is still interested, and hire them. As for us, we should stick to Nintendo for now.

Like I said, I like the idea of telling Nintendo about getting the original voice actors back, as long as that is actually helpful to our cause. Not to be mean to PUSA or to any memebers of the original cast members, if they aren't going to listen to the fans, who give them the money, why would they listen to the original cast members? You honestly think that if the original cast members tell PUSA that they're still interested, while PUSA is happy with the new cast, then PUSA will hire them back? I'm sorry, but the job market doesn't work like that. As much as I love the original voice actors, what they brought to Pokemon and how overjoyed with pure bliss and happiness if they ever got their roles back, it is just not that easy. They can't just say that they're interested and expect that PUSA will say "Oh, okay. Here are your jobs back." I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but simply knowing that the original cast are still interested in their roles won't mean that PUSA will just hand them their jobs back.

Lapras87 wrote:
Well then, let's see the Feb. 1st season finale. Hopefully it was dubbed by TAJ and there's still time to contact the new studio. I have a feeling someone who knows is willing to tell us. But who?

Anyway, I'm going to hit the internet now. Maybe it'll get us some info...

I'm still pretty darn sure that we won't know what the new studio is until the next season. Remember, Larry didn't give too many details in his email so it could be that he meant that TAJ Studios would stop dubbing Pokemon after this season. Besides that, since all of the recent episodes have listed TAJ in the credits, I highly doubt that they changed studios for the possibly last few episodes of this season. I really doubt that there's any information on hte Internet on what the new studio is, but good luck with that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   23rd January 2008, 9:36 pm

I didn't really mean exactly that PUSA would hire them, just realize that they're still interested.

Anyway, how come no one's paying attention to the phone calls and emails? Seriously. Save Sonic's got 2000 phone calls and we barely have any! I'm not trying to compete with Save Sonic here, but I think we better get started.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PokemonTrainerLisa

avatar

Female Number of posts : 482
Age : 30
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   24th January 2008, 4:22 am

Hmm, I'm not so sure if our emails are getting through to them. For one thing, they could just be deleting any emails relating to the VA switch, and we wouldn't even know it (since they never reply to the emails anyway).

Personally, I think it's a MUCH better idea for everyone to just focus on sending hand-written letters and making phone calls. That's what seems to work, because I think they would pay more attention to us that way (than if we were to simply send emails).


Other than that, I can't think of anything more to add to the conversation at hand.

But, as for me, I'm gonna see if I can fix that problem with my camera, so that my SOVA videos (on YouTube) will come out with much better quality.


By the way, I had a wonderful idea the other day. And it involves members of SOVA making an AMV, which we will send to Pokemon USA (and Nintendo). But, since I have a very long explanation for this project, I'm going to start a new thread. I'll post the link in here, so that people will know where the topic is located. ^^

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Rocket Grunt



Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   24th January 2008, 4:33 am

Hidden Mew wrote:

One reason why I still think that it is the same thing is because I'm sure that the original cast members have already talked to these people and they know that they would like to do these roles again. I know that Maddie already commented on doing so, or at least something similar to that, so I wouldn't doubt that the other original cast members have done the same thing. I don't mind the idea of us connacting with Nintendo, if that really would help us to get the original voice actors back. And I definitely agree that we need a change of action.

I still have a problem with having all of the actors to call PUSA. For one, PUSA probably knows that, if given the chance, they would love to return to their roles, so having the voice actors tell them what they already know. And second of all, they also know that nothing is holding the original voice actors from continuing their work, but they apparently wanted to replace them and based on Veroncia's statement in deadxpan's livejournal, they were probably planing to do this for awhile. Just saying that they're still interested in their roles isn't going to guarentee their jobs back, especially with PUSA being pretty comfortable with the new cast.

But Maddie has told us hundreds of times that the actors have never spoken to anyone from PUSA. The only thing they got was a call from TAJ. TAJ is out of the picture now, and PUSA is changing studios. This is a perfect time for the VAs to speak directly to PUSA. Which is one thing that has never happened in all of this time.

If PUSA is comfortable with the new cast, then why are we even bothering with contacting Nintendo? Which as I have said, is only in charge of games, they have no involvement with the anime. The smart thing to do would be to make PUSA uncomfortable with the new cast. They have heard our complaints for nearly 2 years, they have responded with flimsy excuses, the flimsy excuses hold up because they have never spoken to the original cast. Now we need the original cast to punch holes in the excuses by talking directly to PUSA and putting everything on the table, the contracts are over, and they are not only free, but ready, willing, and able to go to work as quick as possible. That will put PUSA on the spot, and put all the pressure on them that we need.

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:
Hmm, I'm not so sure if our emails are getting through to them. For one thing, they could just be deleting any emails relating to the VA switch, and we wouldn't even know it (since they never reply to the emails anyway).

Personally, I think it's a MUCH better idea for everyone to just focus on sending hand-written letters and making phone calls. That's what seems to work, because I think they would pay more attention to us that way (than if we were to simply send emails).

I totally agree with this, boss lady. Smile

Emails are no good at this point. Letters and calls are the way to go.


PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:
Other than that, I can't think of anything more to add to the conversation at hand.

But, as for me, I'm gonna see if I can fix that problem with my camera, so that my SOVA videos (on YouTube) will come out with much better quality.


By the way, I had a wonderful idea the other day. And it involves members of SOVA making an AMV, which we will send to Pokemon USA (and Nintendo). But, since I have a very long explanation for this project, I'm going to start a new thread. I'll post the link in here, so that people will know where the topic is located. ^^

This idea sounds great. I can't wait to see it all laid out in the thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   

Back to top Go down
 
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Pokemon no longer have Pokerus
» Pokemon 5th Generation Sneak Peek!
» Hi im looking for some pokemon for my pokedex
» Pokemon Dispenser
» Prof. Monkey's Pokemon Lab(Rayquaza Wing)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Save Our Voice Actors :: News, Updates, etc. :: News and Announcements-
Jump to: