Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!
 
HomeHome  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
 
Like

Share | 
 

 Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rocket Grunt



Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension   6th April 2008, 2:57 am

Cartoon Network has revealed the name of season 11.

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension

looks like April 12th will be the start date after all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
avatar

Male Number of posts : 699
Age : 31
User Title : It's Morphin' Time!!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension   6th April 2008, 3:13 am

Okay. Is there a place that has more info on it's premier?

_________________
Tommy, aka Brian
Computer/Network Tech Specialist
CompTia A+ Professional

My Friends: PokemonTrainerLisa, Nekusagi, Pokeyug, Shane, Trainer Rachel, offkilter06, Kazuya, Geoffrey, szlemm, Abandon_Silence, Shiranui, iEatPikachuForLunch, Aipom Fan, darkblade09, JacobGRocks
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://brian-banker.livejournal.com
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
avatar

Female Number of posts : 217
Age : 29
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension   6th April 2008, 3:20 am

Well I'll be busy that day. Hopefully my ancient VCR can handle recording it. Hopefully.

Or I'll hope there's still people uploading to Youtube!

Yes, I still plan on watching.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
Rocket Grunt



Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension   6th April 2008, 3:34 am

http://schedule.cartoonnetwork.com/servlet/ScheduleServlet?action=viewAll&showID=355709&show=Pokemon%3A+DP+Battle+Dimension

It only has the name and airtime up. But it's on CN's schedule.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension   6th April 2008, 11:15 am

Phew. It's airing.

Sarah better not mess up this time. Hopefully the new director taught her the good way to voice Ash.

And the same thing with Brock, Meowth, James, and the others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rocket Grunt



Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension   6th April 2008, 11:40 am

I think there's a chance that happened.

If not, we still have all out projects and efforts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ker-plop
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 190
Age : 33
User Title : Alienated Fan
D/P Friend Code : 0344 6242 9554
BR Friend Code : None
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension   6th April 2008, 12:44 pm

Sounds like more of the same. Will continue to not watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~kerplop
Gligar13
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 262
User Title : Pokemon Master
D/P Friend Code : 5284-1017-0432
BR Friend Code : I dont have PBR. (i have brawl)
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension   6th April 2008, 6:17 pm

there is also a rumor that the PMD special will air before the games come out and after the beginning of the new DP season
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sovapkmn.wordpress.com/
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter


Male Number of posts : 190
Age : 26
User Title : Trainer Kazuya
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension   10th April 2008, 10:35 pm

ker-plop wrote:
Sounds like more of the same. Will continue to not watch.

hey, i admire your commitment and dedication to your boycott, and i think that this is prolly what you personally feel is best for SOVA or just for yourself....

but i just want to you to know, that there are just too many of us who love pokemon and are going to watch it anyways becuz VA's arent going to bother us to that degree. i hope you're not mad at me for telling ppl to not boycott when the idea was brought up.

neways, i'm not trying to change your mind or anything of that sort....but who knows, anything can happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ker-plop
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 190
Age : 33
User Title : Alienated Fan
D/P Friend Code : 0344 6242 9554
BR Friend Code : None
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension   11th April 2008, 12:08 am

impactkhtennis_thewind wrote:

hey, i admire your commitment and dedication to your boycott, and i think that this is prolly what you personally feel is best for SOVA or just for yourself....

but i just want to you to know, that there are just too many of us who love pokemon and are going to watch it anyways becuz VA's arent going to bother us to that degree. i hope you're not mad at me for telling ppl to not boycott when the idea was brought up.

neways, i'm not trying to change your mind or anything of that sort....but who knows, anything can happen.

And this is why the campaign failed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~kerplop
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension   11th April 2008, 7:12 am

The promos for it are on CN. I saw some last night, but I'm not watching it right now since D/P is on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
avatar

Male Number of posts : 699
Age : 31
User Title : It's Morphin' Time!!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension   11th April 2008, 12:29 pm

ker-plop wrote:
And this is why the campaign failed.
I'm not going to say you're not entitled to your own opinion because you most certainly are. But could you try and be a little less negative? Thanks.

_________________
Tommy, aka Brian
Computer/Network Tech Specialist
CompTia A+ Professional

My Friends: PokemonTrainerLisa, Nekusagi, Pokeyug, Shane, Trainer Rachel, offkilter06, Kazuya, Geoffrey, szlemm, Abandon_Silence, Shiranui, iEatPikachuForLunch, Aipom Fan, darkblade09, JacobGRocks
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://brian-banker.livejournal.com
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension   11th April 2008, 8:01 pm

My FiOS TV Guide confirmed the title (not that I don't believe you guys), and I'm ready for tomorrow. I'll post the theme song and possibly credits on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PokemonTrainerLisa

avatar

Female Number of posts : 482
Age : 30
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension   12th April 2008, 4:29 am

Ugh, I'm getting a bad feeling about this.... *cringes*

Every time I look forward to watching D/P, Sarah (usually) gives me a lackluster perfromance.

Oh well, maybe this time, we'll find out that she's actually "changed" and improved from her previous ways (*cough - inconsistency in her Ash voice, not using enough emotion, pronouncing "Pikachu" correctly - cough*). Who knows, maybe "Tears for Fears" will be one of Sarah's GOOD episodes. That would be awesome! ^_^


And come to think of it, Sarah hasn't given us a truly spectacular performance in a while (unless you count The Rise of Darkrai, which she did pretty good with I admit, except for certain scenes I didn't like).

That's what I'm hoping for, actually. I want to see a good performance from her, for a change. I really do, because I can't stand to see Ash's character/personality be ruined like it has been in the past season (three words: "Top-Down Training"). Even people on Bulbagarden who weren't in SOVA noticed a severe lack of emotion from Sarah in that particular episode. That's how bad her performance was, and quite frankly, I was surprised the fandom reacted the way they did in the review thread. Anyway, I just wanted to mention this, because here's no telling what's gonna happen if Sarah doesn't reach people's expectations soon.


ker-plop wrote:
And this is why the campaign failed.
Excuse me, but this is an incorrect statement.

You're wrong, because there NEVER WAS a widespread campaign to boycott D/P in the first place.

Only certain individual members of SOVA chose to participate with this boycott. But still, we're not even sure if we actually got through to Pokemon USA or Cartoon Network in the first place.


I mean, with a boycott, how can you tell if you're actually making progress? Have you thought about this before?

Actually, this was talked about once before in the SOVA thread on Bulbagarden (one of the last subjects that Barb brought up). And you see, effective boycotts are quite difficult to pull off, especially if the people involved don't have ratings boxes on their TV sets.


Anyway, I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here. I'm gonna summarize this, just in case you missed anything. I'm NOT saying that we shouldn't boycott CN. Afterall, a boycott, especially one that works, could be very helpful to our cause.

However, my point is, if you plan on running an effective boycott - then you're gonna need A LOT more people on you're side who are "against" this sort of change. Which means you need to find people who are fans of Pokemon and tell them NOT to watch D/P (simple, right?). But in addition to this, it would be a very good idea for SOVA to send just ONE letter to CN, mentioning the fact that we're boycotting D/P (just like Barb suggested a while back). Otherwise, the network won't even be aware that they're losing ratings from us in the first place.

In theory, I believe if we sent CN a letter, with many signatures from people who aren't going to watch Season 11 (unless the voices are restored) - this could potentially cause CN to go over to Pokemon USA and try to negotiate with them about getting the original cast back. Sounds like a pretty good plan, if you ask me! And now I think you can see why an effective boycott would be a good idea, as this could give us an incredible advantage over CN.


So anyway, I think it will take the combined efforts of every project we have, just to make sure Pokemon USA/CN actually listens to us this time:

1. Pokeball Project (in progress)

2. Noodle Project (also in progress)

3. Boycott (it's up to you, ker plop, and anyone else who isn't watching D/P to speak up; I'm not sure whether I should be included in this, since myself and other SOVA members ARE watching D/P - that would be lying to them - but then again Pokemon USA/TAJ have lied to us about things as well, so it's anyone's guess as far as what we should do with this boycott thing)


Also, we could even start another project for contacting the advertisers. You know, all those commercials they have during Pokemon D/P, that's how CN gets their money. If we contact those companies directly and say we're not gonna buy their products (the ones in the commercials), then CN will likely be very upset with us. Then ultimately, they would have no choice but to listen to our demands - and by that, I mean they'd be forced to talk with Pokemon USA about getting the VAs back. However, there is just one problem, contacting the advertisers could have very bad consequences for us.... =(

Advertisers: I honestly believe we should use this project ONLY as a last resort. Because if we actually went through with this, it could cause more harm than good. And by that, I mean Pokemon could actually be canceled because of this project. And to make matters worse, if the rest of the fandom knew that SOVA was behind this, we'd be in BIG trouble from everyone. We really don't want this, that's why I think we should contact the advertisers only as a last resort, like if Pokemon USA/CN won't listen to our "loud" voices from the Pokeball Project, nor the Noodle Project. If that were the case, we wouldn't have much of a choice then, but to do something more drastic like taking a risk.


Letters: We've tried just sending CN/Pokemon USA letters before, but to be honest this hasn't worked, because so far it hasn't gotten us anywhere. And to make a long story short, we need to make our voice EVEN LOUDER than before, so that these companies know we mean business. And how can we make our voice louder? By working on the 3 projects I mentioned above! (not the advertisers thing, however: that's our most valuable weapon against Pokemon USA/CN, so we're saving it for last, and we're only gonna use that if it's really necessary)

Come on guys, there's no time to waste! We have to get our VAs back NOW! Because we don't want our Pokemon dub produced like this anymore, with Pokemon USA using just any random VA they comes across! And we especially don't want our favorite characters to be ruined!


As for how I came up with this amazing speech, I have no idea. I just started putting down ideas, then bam, it hit me. I've gotta say, this is one of my best posts of encouragement so far! XD

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension   12th April 2008, 10:06 am

This opening OWNS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJT3B8jG-ZE

The first episode was good. Sarah was pretty good, but she still didn't get to or beat Veronica level.

The other VAs were at their usual level.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
avatar

Male Number of posts : 699
Age : 31
User Title : It's Morphin' Time!!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension   12th April 2008, 1:03 pm

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:
Actually, this was talked about once before in the SOVA thread on Bulbagarden (one of the last subjects that Barb brought up). And you see, effective boycotts are quite difficult to pull off, especially if the people involved don't have ratings boxes on their TV sets.

Actually, I want to pounce a little bit on what Barb had so say. Over the past month I was reading what I missed in my absence and one thing caught my eye. One thing Barb had to say was the fact that Sarah Natochenny isn't going to just give up her job, that she has bills to pay as well. Well, that's all fine and well, however... Did Pokemon USA think about the other voice actors? Sure, maybe Veronica Taylor has several other roles BUT what if she didn't. Does Pokemon USA seem to care how she would make a living? I think not! The same applies to Rachael, Eric, Maddie, Stan, Amy, and Lisa. Did Pokemon USA care about their well-being? Hell no! It's just well we need to save money so that our executives can get a raise so now you can kiss me between the back pockets. Don't think I don't know what's going on with them, that's a typical business..

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:
Letters: We've tried just sending CN/Pokemon USA letters before, but to be honest this hasn't worked, because so far it hasn't gotten us anywhere. And to make a long story short, we need to make our voice EVEN LOUDER than before, so that these companies know we mean business.
Color the whole letter with a yellow or pink highlighter?? ^^ lol. I couldn't resist making that comment Very Happy

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:
Come on guys, there's no time to waste! We have to get our VAs back NOW! Because we don't want our Pokemon dub produced like this anymore, with Pokemon USA using just any random VA they comes across! And we especially don't want our favorite characters to be ruined!
Damn straight! I want Pokemon back to normal! Hey Lisa, when you have the chance PM me to let me know how the Pasta Project is coming along, okay?

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:
As for how I came up with this amazing speech, I have no idea. I just started putting down ideas, then bam, it hit me. I've gotta say, this is one of my best posts of encouragement so far! XD
I'll have to agree with that ^^

_________________
Tommy, aka Brian
Computer/Network Tech Specialist
CompTia A+ Professional

My Friends: PokemonTrainerLisa, Nekusagi, Pokeyug, Shane, Trainer Rachel, offkilter06, Kazuya, Geoffrey, szlemm, Abandon_Silence, Shiranui, iEatPikachuForLunch, Aipom Fan, darkblade09, JacobGRocks
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://brian-banker.livejournal.com
ker-plop
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 190
Age : 33
User Title : Alienated Fan
D/P Friend Code : 0344 6242 9554
BR Friend Code : None
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension   12th April 2008, 4:10 pm

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:

You're wrong, because there NEVER WAS a widespread campaign to boycott D/P in the first place...

I meant SOVA as a whole.

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:

Also, we could even start another project for contacting the advertisers. You know, all those commercials they have during Pokemon D/P, that's how CN gets their money. If we contact those companies directly and say we're not gonna buy their products (the ones in the commercials), then CN will likely be very upset with us. Then ultimately, they would have no choice but to listen to our demands - and by that, I mean they'd be forced to talk with Pokemon USA about getting the VAs back. However, there is just one problem, contacting the advertisers could have very bad consequences for us.... =(

Define "very bad consequences." Are you afraid of being sued? Companies can't sue us for voicing complaints. No respectable judge would take the case.

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:

Advertisers: I honestly believe we should use this project ONLY as a last resort. Because if we actually went through with this, it could cause more harm than good. And by that, I mean Pokemon could actually be canceled because of this project. And to make matters worse, if the rest of the fandom knew that SOVA was behind this, we'd be in BIG trouble from everyone. We really don't want this, that's why I think we should contact the advertisers only as a last resort, like if Pokemon USA/CN won't listen to our "loud" voices from the Pokeball Project, nor the Noodle Project. If that were the case, we wouldn't have much of a choice then, but to do something more drastic like taking a risk.

SOVA has been branded a group of radicals and is the scorn of the fandom already.

No risk, no reward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~kerplop
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
avatar

Female Number of posts : 319
Age : 28
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension   12th April 2008, 4:55 pm

(Sigh.)

Lisa, ker-plop, stop arguing, or move it to k-p's thread. I think it's known here that you more or less have views that are basically radical opposites of each other. This thread's not the place to discuss them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
ker-plop
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 190
Age : 33
User Title : Alienated Fan
D/P Friend Code : 0344 6242 9554
BR Friend Code : None
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension   12th April 2008, 5:02 pm

Nekusagi wrote:
(Sigh.)

Lisa, ker-plop, stop arguing, or move it to k-p's thread. I think it's known here that you more or less have views that are basically radical opposites of each other. This thread's not the place to discuss them.

Right. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~kerplop
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
avatar

Male Number of posts : 699
Age : 31
User Title : It's Morphin' Time!!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension   12th April 2008, 7:42 pm

I think we've discussed the premire of Battle Dimension enough. If you want to start discussing the show in general make a new thread in the Pokemon forum. Or continue with this thread.

Just to make sure this doesn't get out of hand like some of the others...

Topic LOCKED

But something I want to add. Stop this ridiculous fighting!!!! This goes for everyone. I've taken note the Maddie hasn't been online at the forum for several days now. She used to be on everyday even if she didn't post anything. She could be busy, I don't know but regardless... Do we really want Maddie, who we're representing along with the rest of the original crew, do we want them to see us attacking each other and acting in a very non-professional manner? No! We need to get our act together and work together to get our goal accomplished. If you want to have a heated discussion with another member, we have a wonderful Private Messaging center to do that in, don't do it on the board for the public to see! Okay? I think it's time people get reaquainted with these.

With that said, I hate sounding like this, I really do. But it's time we all got a grip and focused on what really counts!!

_________________
Tommy, aka Brian
Computer/Network Tech Specialist
CompTia A+ Professional

My Friends: PokemonTrainerLisa, Nekusagi, Pokeyug, Shane, Trainer Rachel, offkilter06, Kazuya, Geoffrey, szlemm, Abandon_Silence, Shiranui, iEatPikachuForLunch, Aipom Fan, darkblade09, JacobGRocks


Last edited by Brian on 13th April 2008, 12:35 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Read the forum rules people!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://brian-banker.livejournal.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension   

Back to top Go down
 
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Looking for a battle (Pokemon Black and White)
» Pokemon Monotype Challenge
» Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
» MajinKevs Pokemon Nuzlock Graveyard
» Summer 2012 Vacation Tournament

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Save Our Voice Actors :: News, Updates, etc. :: News and Announcements-
Jump to: